Software Engineer – San Diego, CA
Job Title: Software Engineer
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
McLane Advanced Technologies a subsidiary of EDC Consulting is seeking to hire a Software Engineer in San Diego, CA supporting the U.S. Navy.
The Software Engineer will:
- Provide full-stack .NET systems software engineering development using modern software engineering design, object-oriented principles, and abstract data types.
- Support all aspects of full-stack software engineering including the integration of platforms and features across multiple subsystems, containerization, and microservices architecture.
- Support the Government in records management, system lifecycle sustainment operations and configuration, testing, training, release, and operations. Archiving final copy documentation and deliverables meeting a definition of done (built, reviewed, verified, tested, ready to operate, and releasable).
- Support the Government in Product Backlog (PBL) grooming, Sprint Planning, and Sprints. Document user stories using INVEST criteria (independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, sized, testable) that capture acceptance criteria and include a definition of done (built, reviewed, verified, tested, ready to operate, and releasable).
- Analyze information and user requirements, design and debug software, and document technical notes within the Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) and approved open-source software.
- Provide software testing, problem solving, requirements collection, stakeholder collaboration, user support, DevSecOps support, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and system maintenance.
- Submit trouble tickets via Remedy change management system to request changes to system requirements, issues, infrastructure requirements, incidents, and other system support.
- Plan, create, and manage databases, develop back-end systems functionality, and design Application Programming Interfaces (API).
- Design user interface/experience (UI/UX) and integrate web applications and data systems with back-end systems and databases.
- Continuously maintain and update on-premises and cloud technology stacks
- Have experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps Services, Azure DevOps Server, or Team Foundation Server, and management of modern DevSecOps processes.
- Have experience with agile software development, microservices architecture, managed relational databases, web application programming interfaces (APIs), software operations, continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD), DevSecOps, and cybersecurity.
- Desired certifications: Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCP.
- Active Secret Clearance.
About McLane Advanced Technologies
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, McLane Advanced Technologies is a small business that specializes in providing industry-leading Logistics and Technology services to the Department of Defense, Federal government, and the private sector. MAT is a recognized leader in designing, developing, implementing, and sustaining mission-critical logistics systems and software solutions. MAT is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. MAT offers a rich corporate culture with driven and determined leadership in a dynamic environment that was founded on openness and success. We enjoy an energetic and fun atmosphere in a culture of mutual respect. At MAT, we build upon the principals and traditions of our military. Personal responsibility, accountability and strong work ethic are a must. Our clients benefit from working alongside a winning team of smart, hard-working, creative, and successful professionals. By becoming part of the MAT team, our employees will share in our entrepreneurial spirit and success.
For more information on McLane Advanced Technologies, please visit us at www.mclaneat.com
Please send your resume to email@example.com . McLane Advanced Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.