Senior Network Engineer – Albuquerque, NM or Oakridge, TN
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
McLane Advanced Technologies is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support a Department of Energy (DOE) contract in Albuquerque, NM or Oakridge, TN.
The Senior Network Engineer will:
- Be responsible for installation, configuration, and support of the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), intranet and internet, and other data communication segment of a network system.
- Maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Supervise other network support and client server specialists.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Provide leadership to junior and mid-level network engineers.
- Oversee the network control center.
- Perform a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network.
- Evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Plan new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interference to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Ensure the adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation, and support of voice communications systems.
- Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice, and Video) requirements, designs, and orders.
- Understand the INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements of the Agency network.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience or Masters degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Active DOE or DOD Security Clearance
About McLane Advanced Technologies
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, McLane Advanced Technologies is a small business that specializes in providing industry-leading Logistics and Technology services to the Department of Defense, Federal Government, and the private sector. MAT is a recognized leader in designing, developing, implementing, and sustaining mission-critical logistics systems and software solutions. MAT is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. MAT offers a rich corporate culture with driven and determined leadership in a dynamic environment that was founded on openness and success. We enjoy an energetic and fun atmosphere in a culture of mutual respect. At MAT, we build upon the principals and traditions of our military. Personal responsibility, accountability and strong work ethic are a must. Our clients benefit from working alongside a winning team of smart, hard-working, creative, and successful professionals. By becoming part of the MAT team: our employees will share in our entrepreneurial spirit and success.
For more information on McLane Advanced Technologies, please visit us at www.mclaneat.com.
Please send your resume to [email protected]. McLane Advanced Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.