Senior Network Engineer – Albuquerque, NM or Oakridge, TN
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
McLane Advanced Technologies is seeking a results-oriented, self-motivated Senior Network Engineer to support a Department of Energy (DOE) contract located in Albuquerque, NM or Oakridge, TN.
The Senior Network Engineer will:
- Deploy and provide ongoing support for Cisco routers and Catalyst switches, to include tier 2/3 troubleshooting and engineering (as needed), developing and updating standard operating procedures for network provisioning and maintenance tasks.
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Cisco, Palo Alto devices and must ensure each change to the environment is clearly documented, to include creating and updating all related engineering documents, drawings, and IP addressing assignments.
- Operate in a remotely administered lights-out environment where equipment is deployed pre-configured and out-of-band access via OOB mgmt. and serial consoles is used when necessary, during circuit problem determination.
- Develop documentation to improve current network operating procedures.
- Draft configuration change control proposals for submission to the CCB.
- Create and update topology diagrams and associated documentation for each office location and network enclave.
- Install and operate open-source software to perform network performance testing and monitoring.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of how to quickly troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve switches, routers, desktops, printers, and servers.
- Coordinate multiple open issues and interfacing with customers at all levels.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and be able to operate without supervision.
- Review log events and operate network management applications to perform fault detection, identify performance metrics, and generate reports to support specific service level requirements.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support planned and unplanned network maintenance and troubleshooting events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Gigabit Ethernet switched LAN networks with a working knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), 802.1q Trunking, 802.3ad LACP, Etherchannel, and 802.1x-based Network Access Control (NAC), NEXUS N-OX, FlexVPN, IPSEC over GRE tunnels.
- Experience working with Cisco VOIP configuration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience supporting heterogeneous LAN, WAN, and 802.11 wireless networks.
- Strong understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD) and their relationship to user applications.
- Experience with scripting network operation using Python or Ansible experience a plus
- Recent experience in an enterprise or service provider environment deploying, troubleshooting, and documenting LAN and campus networks using Cisco network devices (Catalyst 3560/3860 and Nexus 5000 switches, Cisco ASR, ISR-series routers, and Cisco ASA security appliances with Firepower) Palo Alto 3000, 500 series utilizing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Cisco IOS command syntax.
- Hands-on experience configuring any of the following MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Flex VPN and VRF’s.
- Experience with Wireshark, Ethereal, tcpdump or equivalent packet decoding tools.
- Active DOE or DOD Security Clearance
About McLane Advanced Technologies
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, McLane Advanced Technologies is a small business that specializes in providing industry-leading Logistics and Technology services to the Department of Defense, Federal government, and the private sector. MAT is a recognized leader in designing, developing, implementing, and sustaining mission-critical logistics systems and software solutions. MAT is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. MAT offers a rich corporate culture with driven and determined leadership in a dynamic environment that was founded on openness and success. We enjoy an energetic and fun atmosphere in a culture of mutual respect. At MAT, we build upon the principals and traditions of our military. Personal responsibility, accountability and strong work ethic are a must. Our clients benefit from working alongside a winning team of smart, hard-working, creative, and successful professionals. By becoming part of the MAT team, our employees will share in our entrepreneurial spirit and success.
For more information on McLane Advanced Technologies, please visit us at www.mclaneat.com.
Please send your resume to [email protected]. McLane Advanced Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.