Senior Cybersecurity Engineer – Tampa, FL
Job Title: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Responsibilities of the Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
McLane Advanced Technologies is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer in Tampa, Florida. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will provide Cybersecurity engineering in support of Cybersecurity defense-in-depth programs for designated networks and cloud environments. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will provide a complete and thorough risk assessment analysis of IT and IS to ensure systems maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity, and availability based on national, DoD, DIA, USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces’ security regulations and directives. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will provide Cybersecurity engineering support for Defense Information Systems Network (DISN), DIA, Defense Switched Network (DSN), and CDS Connection Approval Packages.
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will:
- Provide dedicated, on-site support for Cybersecurity engineering.
- Conduct network audits, assessing results, and provide recommended corrective actions.
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments for engineered networks and systems on the SIE.
- Ensure engineering tasks and solutions comply with authorization and assessment, and connection standards for designated networks and systems.
- Engineer and analyze solutions for vulnerability and risk assessment to ensure solutions are following security standards and measures.
- Coordinate with subordinate, adjacent, supporting, and senior organizations, and agencies to support the resolution of security issues, accreditation and connection approvals, and engineering requests.
- Provide Assessment and Authorization support; engineer solutions to ensure they include sound network security and design; and provide project management support services.
- Review, analyze, and document the security requirements of applications, systems, and networks across their life cycles.
- Review Security Test and Evaluation plans; developing or refining them, as necessary.
- Advise on network and system risks, risk mitigation, COAs, and operational recommendations.
- Recommend technology upgrades and modifications based on evolving technologies, best practices, and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate, assess, and ensure the compliance of ports and protocols utilized by IT infrastructures, systems, platforms, products, applications, and network security devices (e.g., router ACL’s, firewall configuration, ports and protocol nodes, network cabling, etc.).
- Research and recommend system security guidance based upon DoD, DIA, USCYBERCOM, Joint Force Headquarters – Department of Defense Information Networks (JFHQ-DODIN), and other-directed guidance.
- 8+ years of relevant working experience in Cybersecurity Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field.
- Certified in CASP+, CISSP, or CSSLP
- Experience with the US Combatant Commands (USCENTCOM/USSOCOM) is desired.
- Strong background in network infrastructure, active directory, Microsoft and Linux operating systems, mobile devices to include cellular, Wi-Fi, and cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides and Cloud Security Guide.
- Must have excellent communications skill (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with DOD IA processes and policies (e.g., DODI 8510.01, NIST, CNSS, and other cybersecurity policies).
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
About McLane Advanced Technologies
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, McLane Advanced Technologies is a small business that specializes in providing industry-leading Logistics and Technology services to the Department of Defense, Federal Government, and the private sector. MAT is a recognized leader in designing, developing, implementing, and sustaining mission-critical logistics systems and software solutions. MAT is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. MAT offers a rich corporate culture with driven and determined leadership in a dynamic environment that was founded on openness and success. We enjoy an energetic and fun atmosphere in a culture of mutual respect. At MAT, we build upon the principals and traditions of our military. Personal responsibility, accountability and strong work ethic are a must. Our clients benefit from working alongside a winning team of smart, hard-working, creative, and successful professionals. By becoming part of the MAT team: our employees will share in our entrepreneurial spirit and success.
For more information on McLane Advanced Technologies, please visit us at www.mclaneat.com.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. McLane Advanced Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.